Exciting, original and distinctive modern design beach home near desirable Butterfly Beach in Montecito. Certified LEED platinum-rated energy efficient “green”, this inviting home consists of an elegant second level living room, dining room and kitchen all with ocean views. The environmentally inspired design has automatic sliding glass doors that open into the walls for wonderful indoor/outdoor living. One feels a close connection with nature and the outdoors as you flow from the indoor living space to the wrap around view terrace.
The spectacular and private master bedroom suite enjoys garden views and large terrace with two additional bedroom suites on the main level. Upstairs is a private office/bedroom with mountain views. A separate cabana suite with wet bar overlooks the solar heated glass tile pool and spa surrounded by the tranquil gardens.
The gated entry opens to a spacious motor court and three car garage with aluminum and laminated-glass sectional doors with Pirelli flooring, alcove with walk-in refrigerated wine room, additional washer and dryer and electric car charger.
Architectural appeal, along with the highest quality finishes and craftsmanship make this a jewel of a home to enjoy.
The Architectural team of Maienza-Wilson designed and completed this eco-friendly masterpiece just a few months back in 2011.
Here is a link to their webpage: http://maienzawilson.com/
Here are some of the “Green” features for this home:
- Lutron lighting and electronic system
- Recessed Lighting – LED lighting throughout
- High-efficiency appliances
- Forest Stewardship Council-certified cabinetry and exterior siding and deck material
- 9.6 Kilowatt photovoltaic system (offsets most, if not all, of the building’s remaining energy usage)
- Central Air Conditioning, occupancy sensor fans
- Zinc metal roof, solar thermal panels
- Solar heated glass tile lap pool and spa, automatic pool cover
- Professional landscaping, succulent garden, automatic drip irrigation system
- Green wall system of easterly exterior wall
- Modular green roof system over the garage and cabana
- 100% rainwater harvesting system with 5,000 gallon underground water storage cistern
Currently Listed with Barbara Koutnik & Susan Conger of Coldwell Banker at $15,000,000